Kellie Day is a Golden Paints Art Educator, and has created artwork for Trader Joe’s, The North Face, Alpinist Magazine and more.
Welcome to Art Life E-Course!
This is now a self-paced course, for $185
Are you wanting to make art a bigger part of your life? In this e-course you’ll paint a series of beautiful little mixed media paintings with step-by-step instructions, guidance, and tips through videos and written lessons.
Each little project will introduce you to new mixed media painting skills, while you create vibrant art. Each project will build up to four finished mixed media paintings that you will create, in your own style, through my video guidance. You can go at your own pace, and move onto the next lesson when you are ready. Contact me here if you have questions!
Read more on the next tab… Or scroll down to see the lessons…
Price: This e-course is $185.
This course is for you if you are ready to make more art happen in your life, and you want guidance in learning more about freeing your art expression and mixed media painting. You’ll receive step-by step instructions, start to finish painting projects, and tips to develop your own style. You’ll also hear from working artists on how they find time for art.
How it works:
You’ll simply log in to my website from anywhere, on any computer, watch the video and read the lesson for the day. **You can watch the lesson anytime you like, you do not have to participate at a certain time. AND, you’ll have complete instruction from me in the videos, and can watch them as often as you like, for six months after purchase. You can do each lesson at your own pace. Once you finish your current lesson, you can move onto the next at any time. This is a self-paced course.
You will also have access to our class facebook page, where you can see what other students have done.
In these 14 lessons I will share with you the following:
- My tricks for keeping art going in your life
- How to make backgrounds you can use anytime to make a painting
- Three mixed media paintings that we’ll create from start to finish
- How to find time for your art – sage advice from working artists
- Learn to make acrylic skins, collage, paint, Gelli print and many mixed media skills you can use to build paintings
- Learn how to layer these elements in a painting
- How to strengthen your own artistic style
- How I work – Watch my complete painting process from start to finish
- How to work through tough spots in a painting
Purchase ART LIFE E-Course now. This self-guided e-course is $185.
Scroll down to see the 14 lessons
You will need the following supplies for this e-course. Please note: You do not have to go out and buy all new supplies, you can use what you have. I have recommended some of the nicer materials, however feel free to buy “student grade” supples if you would like to save money. I have linked each item to where you can purchase it, for your convenience.
- Acrylic Paints – Get black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, and any others that you love. Or if you already have acrylic paints you can use those too. I like Golden brand Heavy Body Acrylics, however they are very expensive. Click here for cheaper brands
- Fluid Acrylics: I recommend trying at least two colors, perhaps a black and a gold.
- Collage papers – An assortment of Papers that you would like to collage, such as letters from friends, origami paper, or any decorative, uncoated paper that is not too thick. Be sure to include some black and white papers, such as Xeroxed words or book/newspaper pages as well. NOTE: glossy magazines do not work well
- A few pieces of rice paper, or semi-transparent paper. (Must be able to hold up to paint).
- Stencils – a few small stencils, 6” x 6” or so. With larger detail (not too fine)
- Small Canvases – Get an assortment of 4 or 5 small to medium canvases. 6” x 6” up to 10” x 10”
- Golden Soft Gel
- Brushes, preferably square: ¼”, ½” and 1” – cheap brushes are fine.
- Cups for water, towels for messes
- Fine paint markers, My favorite are “Fine Liners”, which you can fill will Fluid Acrylic Paint. I like the 20 gauge.
- Color shaper – or an old credit card or hotel key card. These wide colour shapers are my favorite tool, aka, the “rubber squeegee”. Any size from 1 ½” to 2½”should be fine. Be sure the edge is flat, not serrated or round.
- A pad of Watercolor paper or mixed media paper that can withstand paint
- A pad of thin, cheap drawing paper
- Drawing pens and pencil
- Water spray bottle
- Gelli Plate – Gelli Arts Printing Plate – 6” x 6” or other small size
- Paint Roller – Speedball Hard Rubber Brayer
Do I have to be at my computer at a certain time? Is the class live? Or can I work on the class on my own timeframe?
All lessons are pre-recorded, they are not live. You can log into any computer anywhere, anytime to work on the class. This is a self guided, online course.
Can I get a discount for a friend if I’ve already signed up?
Just email me and I’ll send you a 50% off coupon code once you’ve registered, for a second person. Thanks for sharing this with your friends!
Do I need to have experience with painting or any of the course materials?
You do not need to have experience painting or drawing to explore this process with me. I will provide all the information you need to know to get started. However I will be offering mixed media techniques and concepts which incorporate more advanced painters as well.
Will you be helping us develop our own style?
I will have several mini-projects in this class, where you’ll have the opportunity to create some sweet little mixed media paintings, and learn new skills. I will also have a couple of longer video lessons featuring working through a bigger painting, and addressing how to develop your own style in another chapter as well. I hope these will help guide you to further develop your voice, along with the experience of making more art, and learning new techniques.
How many classes, and in what timeframe?
There are 14 lessons you’ll gain access a new lesson each time you complete one. The course is self guided, and you will have access to the course for 6 months after purchase.
Will I be able to save your videos and go back to them at a later date? I would be honored to take your class and know I would learn so much. I just want to make sure if will work with my schedule!
How long will each video be?
The instructional videos vary in length from 5-15 minutes for each painting project, plus a bonus video on working through an entire larger painting.
Will I need high speed internet?
Yes, you will need high speed internet to watch the videos, and see the class online
How much time will I need to dedicate to the class for each lesson?
The length of time you might want to give each lesson really depends on you. Some of the simpler projects may only take 30 minutes, whereas there are a few more involved painting projects that you may want to have an hour or two to create. There are also a few non-painting lessons.
How is this e-course different from you Petal to Pedal e-course?
Pedal to Petal is a complete exploration of the mixed media process, from start to finish. It includes the complete journey of how I create paintings, my philosophies on having a lovely artful life and finding inspiration. It goes more into detail on getting loose and playing, how to collect papers, take time for yourself, and more on the self-nurturing side.
This Art Life E-course is a series of projects to help you create more art, including some fun mixed media paintings, learning about non-traditional color mixing, seeing a complete painting process from start to finish, in-depth knowledge on how to find time for your art, and how to work through tough spots in a painting. And also, addresses how to find your own voice as an artist.
- Bring a friend and get half off – Just email me and I’ll send you a 50% off coupon code once you’ve registered, for a second person. Thanks for sharing this with your friends!
- Treat this e-course like a book club – Have a regular night each week to do these projects with friends. Bring a group of four or more and you’ll get the 50% off, they will each get 20% off. Email me here for your coupon