Hello creative soul,
Today I’m sharing with you some of my favorite Art tools, inspirations, meditations and more that spark my creativity and get me in the flow…
If you’re not in your Art flow, you’re missing out on that incredible feeling of fulfillment and joy – of seeing what you can do with all that creativity inside of you! It’s only a step away, all you have to do is put your ATTENTION on your Art.
1. Having a “special” box of collage papers that are delicate and lovely. My box has REAL origami papers from Japan, roughly printed faces of Buddha, Sufi poetry, delicate delectable drawings, (my favorite are gold on navy), and papers with pops of color i like.
2. I found this gratitude mediation that puts me in an incredible calm and happy energy every morning. It’s only 10 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfD4HaBBc0I
3. Having a morning river walk where I can see the sparkle of the sun on the water, and hear the sound of its stream. All of my senses get involved in these morning walks and sooth whatever’s going on in life at the moment.
4. Having coaches and mentors who guide me to be my best self – Right now I have a coach for business, and a coach for creativity and creating my dream life (which is always evolving).
5. Great quotes, which I print out on my computer in different pretty fonts, and use for inspiration in my paintings.
6. An incredible gallery and shop that I work with, where I teach and where the staff is supportive. I’m always inspired to create art for this wonderful local establishment that supports artists, and gives back to the community.
7. A lively pinterest board where I can collect all my latest inspirations!
8. My favorite yoga teachers on youtube: SaraBeth, Adrienne, and when you’re feeling extra strong, Boho Beautiful. Stretching my body each morning is one of my “jobs” as an Artist.
9. Books that help me to be brave enough to be myself and live this creative life, despite all my imperfections – like Untamed by Glennan Doyle, Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed, and Operating Instructions by Annie Lammot.
10. A really good spiritual teacher, who put me on a path that is beyond therapy. (I had to do the therapy first).
And so much more…
Doing your Art and living your ideal creative life only requires that you put your attention on it. You don’t have to be “good enough”, you just put your foot on one step towards your bliss, and then you will see the next one.
This month I am incredibly grateful because my Art Mentoring program is FULL (of incredible women I’m excited to work with), my upcoming Arizona Art Retreat is FULL, and I have a show booked in June and am creating art I love!
All of the pieces of your life and your joy begin to come together when you get out of your head, and listen to your intuition to create the life you are called to live.
It can be scary. You have to be brave. But it’s a life worth living.
PS. You can still get on the waiting list for Art Mentoring with me by submitting your application here.
PSS. Keep your eyes peeled for a LIVE presentation I’ll be doing soon, to support your art!