I believe that Art is life, and the first place to look when we’re short of inspiring ideas, is our life.
By going out and doing something we love, we fill our tank with glorious ideas for what to paint. This might look like …
– A walk in our favorite trail, taking time to enjoy the details of the leaves
– A stop in a sweet boutique to enjoy the patterns and colors on exciting home goods
– A trip to the beach to walk barefoot in the sand
– Walking around a big Art supply store and treating yourself to something new & exciting
– Going on a gallery walk in an Artsy town (I just went to Santa Fe!)
– A dinner out to enjoy haute cuisine, you know, like when they cut the carrots into designs!
Then I do this …
I buy something for my home.
Or I lay in bed and let the ideas sizzle before I go to bed – that magic time being awake and being asleep – will stimulate you to wake up with great ideas.
It’s also important to have a place to collect your ideas.
Pretty soon, you’ll have ideas sizzling in your mind and ready for canvas!
Ps. If you’re ready to take your painting to the next level and be an Artist for the rest of your life, you can book an Art Breakthrough Call with me here. We’ll find out where you’re stuck, what you need to move forward, and I’ll help you get a plan for how to be a professional-quality Artist for the rest of your life. (Please don’t book a call with me if you’re just looking for free information). If you’re ready to make your painting a priority and invest in yourself, so you can make your most amazing paintings – and even start showing and selling – I can’t wait to talk with you!